Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two days of awesome busyness


So finally I get to make a new blog post. Yay! Two days full of classes and homework gave way to a long but awesome day at Lin Pictures followed by another long day in Malibu shooting a film. Tired as I am, I'm really enjoying it.

Wednesday, we finally received our HPW part assignments. I was a bit disappointed that my script wasn't chosen, but it's great that I can use it for my senior project next semester if I so choose. I may have something better to write after screenwriting this semester. Anyway, I did get Director of Photography on my friend Nathan's script, a clever noir-ish comedy about a detective midget. Fun! I've seen a lot of his work, and it always comes out pretty good. That night, a bunch of us went out to the Santa Monica pier for its 100th Anniversary celebration. It was a cool event, and a lot of fun for all involved. We saw an incredible sunset, listened to a cover band, walked along the ocean, and watched a very long fireworks show. It was worth putting off the homework.

Thursday, we watched Cinema Paradiso in class. I thought it was pretty good. In the evening I had screenwriting, where we had to pitch three ideas. I realized halfway through that I didn't write my pitches right. Basically, I had three concepts with no real story attached. However, after refining them, I'm getting them into a more workable form, which is encouraging. I'm excited to actually get to learn some useful stuff in that class about something in which I have no formal education.

Friday at work was really awesome. I really can't say why, but my internship is turning out to be all that I hoped it would be. I'm really grateful for the level of professionalism with which I'm treated. I'm given a fair amount of responsibility and I'm not treated like a complete moron, which motivates me to work even harder. I'm hoping my responsibilities will grow as I go along and prove to my supervisors that I'm capable. But even if I don't get anymore, I'm pretty stoked about what I do already.

Today was long, but rewarding. It started at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m. I met Bethany at her tower at 7 and we headed to Malibu for her MPP film project. We spent the morning at Leo Carrillo Beach shooting in a cave, and I got to have a lot of fun there collecting B-roll footage. Next we went to a doctor's office that made an AMAZING set! We spent the early afternoon there. In the evening it was back to her room, which ended up taking a long time because her roommates were also shooting in there. However, at the end of the day, we got a lot more footage than I had anticipated, and tomorrow we only have to get one quick scene and that will be it. My weekend planning worked out much better this time around, evidenced by the fact that I'm able to go both to church and to Prayer & Praise. Now, into the Weekend Read (scripts etc. I have to read from the office).

No comments:

Post a Comment