Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Who needs money?

Yesterday marked the first day of my internship, and in it's own sense, the start of my Hollywood career. What did I think of my first day as an unpaid, 10.5 hour day intern? AWESOME! My job is so incredible, it never occurred to me that I should be paid for my work. The experience in itself is very rewarding.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit too cryptic with my description, but I signed a confidentiality agreement that I fully intend to uphold, so forgive me for withholding too many details. My job is at Lin Pictures, a relatively new shingle on the Warner's lot in Burbank. I was shown to my temporary desk when I first arrived. It was positioned against a wall of scripts and optional materials that made me very VERY excited! I took a tour of the lot, which was really cool, and I even saw Alexis Bledel between makeup and the set. I also did a lot of copying, but nothing like the stuff I used to have to do at King Pharmaceuticals. They threw me a screenplay to read that was actually very good. The coolest part of the day was the two production meetings we had, where I had the opportunity to throw in my two cents on ideas, concepts, director recommendations, etc. I really loved it! I can't wait to go back on Friday.

I was pretty wiped out at the end of the day, so I chilled with other LAFSCers at the hot tub and then watched The Shawshank Redemption. This morning I went to the Writer's Guild Library and read the first half of Chinatown, which I really got into. I'd have stayed and finished, but I had a meeting with Bethany at Starbucks to talk about her MPP project this weekend. I'm getting really excited about working with her on it. I've got to get her storyboard done by tomorrow night (Thursday).

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between going to see 9 tonight and watching Solaris in the room. Or ET. Or one of my Netflix movies. Good to have options, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment